Operational area of UV-Tec control strips
The trend of the last years has shown us, that the application of UV-technology would be unthinkable without the market. In diffrent industrial areas UV-radation has is application for example: polymerisation of UV-printing –colours, UV-lacquering, UV-powder-lacquering and UV-adhhesive usw.
The important fact a constant hardening with UV-radation is not the capacity of the UV-bulbs but also the real result of UV-dosis (mJ/cm2) on the substrat.
The UV-Tec control strip will answer the following questions:
- How can you make sure the manufacturing process is stable?
- What is the actual UV does on the surface?
- Will there always be produced under the same conditions as with the qualified charge?
- Is the UV dose in the fringe area sufficient for a complete curing of the object?
- Can the capacity of UV bulbs be guaranteed after many operation hours?
- Is it necessary to replace UV bulbs after 500-1000 operating hours?
UV application has to be handled with special care in food, pharmaceutical and toy packaging. Monomeres , which are part of printing colours and varnishing components may escape from the packaging material due to incompletely hardened surfaces. And this can damage the health of end consumers and staff.
From an economic point of view a misproduction caused by in completely hardened coating means considerable expense due to role blocking or complaints.
Quality control of production with UV-Tec control strips
- You choose and fix the parameters of production (speed, capacity of UV bulbs, etc).
- You ad here the UV-Tec control strip to the object, which has to be measured-left, middle, right-and radiate it.
- The detectable result has now to be compared to the comparative colouring scale and memorized.
- For your next production you use the same parameters as for the qualified charge. Before production start you make a “pre-launch trail”, using the UV-Tec control strip. To make sure that the colour on the comparative scale corresponds with the results of the last production. If the colouring corresponds you have the proof that you will produce under the same conditions as before.
Quality control of three- dimensional objects with UV-Tec control strips
Concerning geometrical objects (eg bottles, cans, furniture, car parts etc.) there might be another question: Is there a guaranteed complete curing of the surface, especially in the problematic area of the shade of UV bulbs?
- You adhere the UV-Tec control strip to different parts of the object which has to be measured and radiate it.
- In case all strips show an almost identical colouring this is proof of a constant radiation of the complete surface and thus proof of a homogeneous curing of varnish.
- In case there are differences in colouring both distribution of radiation and curing of varnish are not uniform.
- To achieve a high quality varnishing on the whole surface the arrangement of UV bulbs need to be checked and, if necessary, rearranged.
Control of UV bulb capacity with UV-Tec control strips
- You install a new UV bulb.
- You determine a specific speed of your machine.
- Adhere UV-Tec control strips to the foil or paper roll- left, middle- and irradiate these.
- The detectable result has now to be compared to the comparative colouring scale and to be documented in your machine´s log book.
- After approximately 200 operating hours will have to repeat this procedure and check if you have achieved the same result of colouring.
- If the result of colouring differs from the original one, the capacity of UV bulbs has decreased. In order to produce with a uniform UV dose you have to reduce the speed of the plant or replace the UV bulbs. Discrepancy in colour may also indicate dirty UV bulb reflectors.
All information given in this publication are based on the present status of our knowledge and voluminous experiments. All recommendations are made without any liability on our part. Buyers and users should make their own assessments of our products under their own conditions and requirements.